Tuesday 1 January 2013

My cat - Mao Mao

My friend the cat – Mao Mao
Mao Mao is the name of my cat.  She is white in the whole body but the tail and head are orange with black patches.  I have been keeping her for the past 6 years.  In fact she was not the cat that I wanted when I first got her back from mamak stall at the road side.  The first few cats that I reared were stolen each time so I kept Mao Mao as a “spare tyre” in case the one that I have chosen disappeared again.  Indeed the last cat before Mao Mao got lost again .  So Mao Mao became my pet.
Mao Mao is a friendly cat and like to join the crowd whenever we gather to sing songs and worship.  Whenever the door bell rings or someone open the gate at the ground floor she will go down to the middle part of stair case and look at the people.  If she can talk perhaps she will talk to them.
She loves to go in to the rooms that you forbid her to do so.  She will sneak in and hide inside for a long time.  If I cannot find her normally I will shake the cat biscuit tin and immediately she will appear.  If she still does not appear then I know she must be locked up in one of the rooms and I have to rescue her.  There was one time she was locked inside a room for few days because nobody went inside the room and I was back to my hometown for Chinese New Year.  Then she kept jumping up to show herself through the glass at the top part of door .  Then someone noticed her and open the door to let her come out.  Luckily she did not urinate or shit inside the room.
Her favourite food are of course fish, ikan bilis,egg..If I scale and remove the gill from the fish she can smell it even though she is in the hall quite a distance away.  She will come for it.  If I forgot to put the bag of ikan bilis away she will tear the bag and help herself.  She even know how to roll the egg out from the egg case which I put on the floor under the shelf.  She loves raw eggs.  But she does not like cooked fish ,she prefers raw.
When I brought her to my new house she was upset for two days.  From her cry every now and then I know she felt not secured.  Then she refused to eat also.  After two days she got used to the new environment .  If she is relax and happy, she will run up and down the stairs, running round the sitting room.  And also running inside and outside the house for few times.
She has brought  so much joy  to my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment