Friday 11 January 2013

Kicking off the cough


In the past I was always susceptible to cough.  When I was five years old I had whooping cough.  My body was weakened since then.  At that time I coughed for two to three months.
When I grew up I was sensitive to cough.  Once I started coughing it would drag for few weeks or even a month.  In the middle of night I would cough badly until I disturbed others in their sleep.  I could not stop coughing until I took some hot water.  My throat was so itchy.
I had my own ways to minimize the chance of getting a cough.  I took cod liver oil, almond beverage and particular brand of cough mixture.  I had to abstain from cold drinks and most types of fruits.  Cough made my life miserable.
After joining the community life, I was taught about healing by faith.  Instead of depending on medicine I started to exercise my faith on God for healing.
According to Bible , faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.  I sit on chair because I believe that it can support my weight and it will not fall apart.  Do I trust in God more than I trust in chair?
I began to focus on God to trust in His healing.  I need to do something to show my faith as faith without work or action is dead.  Many times we do not get healing because we do not have active faith.  I trusted in my own way by abstaining from certain type of food but this time I wanted to depend totally on God.  I started to show my faith by believing that I was healed.  I started to eat anything that was served before me even the cold drinks and fruit.  If I did this in the past my cough would become more serious.  But to my surprise my cough stopped.
All these years sometimes I fell sick and cough again but it is no longer so serious like before.  It stopped soon.  I am totally free from the bondage of cough.en
Then I started to apply this faith in other sickness on my body.  I used to have skin disease on my feet.  It reoccurs after getting well.  The itchiness made me scratch and scratch.  Then I told God I believed He could heal my skin problem just like He healed my cough.  What then was my action of faith?  When the itch came , I believed that I was healed and I refused to put the ointment on it though I knew the ointment would stop the itch.  I bore the itch for some time.  Soon I was healed.  And till today the skin disease never appear again.


No comments:

Post a Comment